Warm Swiss Chard Parmesan Dip
- 1 large bunch Swiss chard (about 1 lb)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (5.2 oz) garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese, softened
- 1 log (4 oz) chèvre (goat) cheese with herbs, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese (8 oz)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pita chips or crackers, if desired
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Remove stems and ribs of Swiss chard; chop. Coarsely chop leaves; set aside.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion in oil 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds or until lightly browned. Stir in chopped Swiss chard stems and ribs; cook 2 minutes. Add water. Cover; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chard begins to soften. Add chopped Swiss chard leaves. Cover; cook 4 to 6 minutes longer or until leaves are wilted and tender. Drain well.
In large bowl, mix cream cheese, garlic-and-herbs cheese, goat cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1 1/2 cups of the Parmesan cheese, the salt and pepper until smooth. Gently stir in Swiss chard mixture. Spoon into baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve warm with pita chips.