Roasted Green Garlic
I still remember my first time eating roasted garlic. It changed my life!! Serve this decadent spread as is or top it with goat cheese and some fresh herbs from your veggie box. Try it on grilled slices of the bread from your box or eat it with a fork!
- 1-2 green garlic bulbs per person
- Olive oil
- Herbs, optional
- Preheat an oven to 375F degrees.* While the oven heats, trim the green garlic: remove and discard the roots and dark green stalk. Exactly how much of the stalk to trim depends on how much chewing you're interested in doing. Peel off as much of the paper peel that has developed; this will depend greatly on exactly how "green" and immature the garlic is.
- Lay the trimmed green garlic in a baking pan or on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to fold over and cover the green garlic. Lightly drizzle the green garlic with the olive oil and sprinkle it with the salt.
- Cover the green garlic with foil and roast it for 30 minutes. Remove the foil covering the green garlic and continue roasting the green garlic until it's tender and nicely browned, about 15 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, and know that an additional drizzle of extra virgin olive oil doesn't hurt anything.